Hello! I just recently got nominated by the lovely Autumn at ChapterMalliumpkin for the Unique Blogger Award! She is so upbeat and positive all of the time. I’m grateful for this nomination. If you haven’t checked her blog out, you should!
Thank and share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you for The Unique Blogger Award
Answer their three questions
In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 blogs for the same award and ask them three new questions
Questions from Autumn
How did you come around to starting your blog? I’ve always been a big reader. My good friend Bre at Paws and Paperbacks had her own blog, and I decided to just start my own. I was already reviewing on Goodreads and using NetGalley.
What are three songs that describe you and your beautiful soul? 1.
What are three books that made you emotional and never want to let go of? 1. Me Before You – JoJo Moyes
2. A Walk to Remember – Nicholas Sparks
3. An Authentic Experience – Kelly Wittmann
Hello! I just recently got nominated by Chapter Malliumpkin for The Mystery Blogger Award! This is the first time I’ve been nominated for this award and it was such a splendid surprise when I checked my blog and found this! Check out Autumn’s blog! She is so creative and I adore the bookish photos she takes!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
The Rules 1. Put the award logo/image on your blog. 2. List the rules. 3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. 4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
Also, a huge thanks to Okoto from Okoto Enigma’s Blog for creating this award to bring light to wonderful bloggers!
Three Facts About Me
This is the first time I’m coming out and saying it and I’m not sure how I feel about it, but I figure it is time. Mental health has been a recent(ish) acknowledgement in the Young Adult Genre. I’ll be honest, I never thought it was a real thing in the past. However, early last year, I went through a really hard time (I won’t go into details, but I struggled a lot) and was actually diagnosed with Clinical Depression. It still can be a struggle, but is (for the most part) under control. The bookish community was super supportive during that time (and they didn’t even know it!) and continues to be as awareness is becoming more prominent in our society. So, just a shout out to the bookish community! You are all so supportive ALL of the time.
2. I’m pretty much a female fix-it! A year after I bought my house, I redid my kitchen ALL by myself besides the flooring (my dad helped me with that). I redid the counter and cabinets, painted, new flooring, everything. It turned out super nice compared to the outdated kitchen that existed when I bought my house. Even today, I will just figure things out if they are broken, and I’ve even taught some guys home repair, or even things as simple as putting up pictures on the wall! Does anyone teach their children basic means of survival? haha But, my ideal job would be to be a house flipper.
3. My parents actually have a hobby farm! They have Nigerian goats, ducks, and chickens. The ducks are pretty much like dogs and greet anyone who drives onto the driveway. The UPS guy said they greeted him the other day! haha
Autumns Questions for Me
1. What was the hardest thing you overcame this year? Since I technically received this last year, we will go with 2019. 2019 was a HARD year, especially in the beginning and got much better as time went on. The beginning of the year, my ex had actually bought a ring. We had a date and place set, but luckily didn’t put any money down yet. Time was going fast and I didn’t want to buy a dress without a ring, so I was getting stressed considering I had less than six months left. Well, he decided that his family needed him more than I did, and not only called off a wedding, but dumped me because they needed his focus and MAYBE we could date in the fall after his family had things all settled. Marriage is all about working together as a team. He was an individual, so it was a blessing in disguise, but caused a lot of hurt (as I mentioned in three things you wouldn’t know about me). I’m not sure how you can go from buying a ring to dumping someone, but it is what it is. I’m blessed to have such a supportive group of people in my life because I really had to lean on them during that time.
2. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I think I’ve mentioned it a couple of times before, but my mom is an immigrant from Poland. She left when the country was still under communist rule. Christmas Eve is actually the big day for us during Christmas. We celebrate Wigilia, which translates into the Latin word Vigil, meaning generally Polish people go to midnight Mass (Catholics). I don’t know if you’ve ever gone to a midnight Mass, but they are much longer and I’m old, so I can’t stay up that late. We went before Wigilia at my aunt’s this year. What is tradition, is that it is the Feast of the Seven Fishes, meaning no meat from any other animal. I love it because I’m not a big meat eater in general, but my family waits until midnight and eats at least two pounds of bacon haha. But the best part of the tradition is that before anyone can eat, you go around to every person present and share a wafer offering well-wishes for the upcoming year.
3. What five books would you like to receive before the year is over?
4. If you could make one wish right now, what wish would you make and why? Honestly, I’m becoming a marshmallow as I get old. I just want my friends and family to be happy and healthy.
5. Tell me two books you’re anticipating for the first half of 2020!
1. What is one personal goal you have for 2020?
2. If you received $1M, what would you do with it?
3. What is one backlist book you’ve been meaning to read for years and haven’t?
4. What is a new bookish goal for 2020 that you haven’t done prior?
5. If you could meet any author, who would it be and why?
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this unless they want to.
Thanks again to Autumn for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. It was such an honor and made my day. Thanks for everyone who reads my posts and continues to support my bookish obsession. You are are so wonderful and supportive!
Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
Nominate eleven blogs and give them eleven questions to answer
1. What’s your favorite thing about the fall? Everything! I love the warm colors of the leaves falling, the cool weather allowing sweatshirts and bonfires, the activities like apple picking, pumpkin picking, and haunted houses, and, as always, the food!
2. Which author graces your bookshelf the most? Hands down…Vince Flynn. Mitch Rapp will be my book boyfriend until the end of time.
3. Do you have a favorite animal? Cheetah. They’re fast.
4. What is one country you would love to visit? I really want to visit Ireland. I love how green it is and I love Guinness.
5. Do you subscribe to any monthly book boxes? FairyLoot, LitJoy Crate, and OwlCrate when it isn’t the same book as FairyLoot. Illumicrate was a one-hit wonder for me, and not a good one.
6. Would you rather meet your favorite author or favorite character? That’s a good one! Probably my favorite character because they’re usually more adventurous or daring 🙂
7. What’s your favorite TV show to binge watch? This is hard! More recently, it has been American Horror Story, however, in the past, Friday Night Lights and Gossip Girl were always a favorite.